West Quoddy Head Light
This red and white candy-striped light is one of the most commonly depicted American lighthouses on calendars and posters. It stands on the easternmost point of the United States' mainland. The first light was built by order of President Thomas Jefferson. At one time the station had a fog cannon, and received the nation's first fog bell in 1820.
The grounds are open to the public. Trails go through the park, along the shore and past the lighthouse. Click here for more information.
Location: West Quoddy Head, Lubec
Present light built 1858