Prospect Harbor Light
The small town of Prospect Harbor developed a large fishing fleet in the 19th century. The first granite light was replaced by the present wooden tower in 1891. Today, the American Lighthouse Foundation cares for the lighthouse tower while the Navy cares for the keeper's house.
The lighthouse can be seen across the harbor from Route 186 in Prospect Harbor.
Location: Prospect Harbor Point, Prospect Harbor
Present light built 1891