Nash Island Light
Congress authorized the building of a lighthouse at the mouth of the Pleasant River in 1837. Nash Island was purchased from a family for $409 and the light was built for $5000. In 1947 the Coast Guard destroyed the structures except the tower. The Friends of Nash Island Light have been restoring the exterior of the light and plan to restore the interior.
The light is only viewable by private boat or plane.
Location: Near Addison
Present light built 1873