In the 19th century the little town of Milbridge was an important shipping point for lumber coming from the Narraguagus River. The light was first located on top of the keeper's dwelling. In 1875 a new house was built and the original was removed from around the tower.
The privately-owned lighthouse is best viewed by private boat.
Location: Pond Island, Milbridge