Add a Getaway
Getaways are packages and specials that individual businesses may add to their organization listings on VisitMaine.com, MaineLakesAndMountains.com, DowneastAcadia.com, VisitAroostook.com, KennebecValley.org, TheMaineHighlands.com, and MainesMidCoast.com allowing people who clicked on your organization listing to see the packages & specials that you have available for that organization.
- Packages offered on DowneastAcadia.com bundle a two-night stay with a minimum of two additional elements that are normally booked separately. This is intended to create an experience for the visitor such as lodging, meals, and/or an experience. Pricing should be inclusive of the elements and be for a pre-determined length of time.
- The FreeStayMaine program has been developed to encourage cruise passengers to return to Maine for extended land based stays. Participating businesses can encourage return visits by offering special promotions for the vacationer on the FreeStayMaine website.
- Specials are pricing opportunities and could be any tourism product from lodging, meals, or activities promoting a single product. It is an opportunity for your business to develop sales during off-peak periods through pricing incentives.
Instructions for adding a Getaway
- Go to Manage Listings and click “Manage Listings”.
Input your email address and password and you will go to a page called “Manage Listings”. If you do not have an account, continue on to the next step. If you have forgotten your password, follow the below sub-steps. Otherwise skip to Step 5.
- Click on the “Forgot your password?” link.
- Input your email address. This sends you an email message with a link you must open to reset your password.
- Click on the link in the email and input your new password and click on “Save”.
- If this is your first time adding a listing to VisitMaine.com, MaineLakesAndMountains.com, DowneastAcadia.com, VisitAroostook.com, KennebecValley.org, TheMaineHighlands.com, and MainesMidCoast.com click on the “Register” link.
Complete the form including your name, email address, password and phone number, and then click “Submit”.
Fig. 1.1 Registration form.
A page entitled “Listing Administration” appears. Click “Add a New Getaway”.
Fig. 1.2 Where to add a Getaway.
Select a Getaway type to continue on to the appropriate form.
Fig. 1.3 Choose a Getaway type.
The category checkboxes at the bottom of the form are there so that you can check off the categories that are most relevant to your Getaway.
Fig. 1.4 Getaway categories.
Complete all the steps of the form and click “Finish”. This submits your Getaway listing to VisitMaine.com, MaineLakesAndMountains.com, DowneastAcadia.com, VisitAroostook.com, KennebecValley.org, TheMaineHighlands.com, and MainesMidCoast.com for review. (Note: Your Getaway listing will be submitted to WesternMaine.org, DowneastAcadia.com, and VisitAroostook.com only if your Getaway is taking place in those regions.)
Fig. 1.5 Add a Getaway form.
The Maine Office of Tourism, Maine’s Lakes & Mountains Tourism Council, Aroostook County Tourism, and DownEast & Acadia Region must review all listings prior to their appearance on each site. Please allow five business days for approval.
The Maine Office of Tourism, Maine’s Lakes & Mountains Tourism Council, Aroostook County Tourism, and DownEast & Acadia Region request that all businesses receiving a free link on VisitMaine.com, MaineLakesAndMountains.com, DowneastAcadia.com, VisitAroostook.com, KennebecValley.org, TheMaineHighlands.com, and MainesMidCoast.com provide a reciprocal link on your site. A simple link to our sites from yours will increase the relevancy of all sites in search engine rankings and increase the likelihood that more people will click on them.
If you have any questions please call us at (207) 624-9808.